While our stories began so many years ago, a new chapter began when The University Club of Milwaukee and Tripoli Country Club merged in 2016.
Today, there simply is no other club in the region that offers the same heritage, legacy of excellence and breadth of experiences as the University Club of Milwaukee.
Founded in 1898 by a group of 19 college alumni, The University Club's founding mission was to offer members a distinctive opportunity to network, share ideas, grow relationships and engage in the issues of the day. This was a time of great hope and promise, and of progress and innovation. Very similar to the Milwaukee of today!
Two decades later in 1921, entrepreneurial members of the Tripoli Temple in Milwaukee purchased land at what is now Good Hope Road and 43rd in Milwaukee and began a country club for the benefit of its members. Over the years, Tripoli Country Club and its championship caliber golf course attracted fine golfers such as Arnold Palmer, Billy Casper and Cary Middlecoff, while also serving as an oasis for members and their families.
Deeply rooted in the fabric of our broader community, both legacy clubs are now united by a common commitment to excellence, engagement and a desire to positively impact the lives of our members, their families and future generations of leaders.