The University Club of Milwaukee, A City and Country Club, with both downtown and suburban locations, is a private club with a full continuum of offerings for every member of the family. From golf, tennis, dining and family recreation to professional networking and enrichment programming, the club is committed to maintaining a high standard of quality in its services and experiences for all members and their guests. Treasured historic and beautiful surroundings at both locations provide the backdrop for a welcoming environment where camaraderie, friendship and the sharing of interesting and innovative ideas thrives.
The Front Desk Representative is a key member of the University Club team. Responsibilities include reviewing daily operations of the Club, verifying the accuracy of Member and guest accounts, balancing daily charges and revenues for events, dining, bar, and hotel, creating and processing special statements as well as assisting with all aspects of guest service. Hospitality is a 24/7 industry, therefore candidates should anticipate working weekends and some holidays as needed. The candidate must be able to work 11:00p – 7:30a (30 - 40 hours/week).
Candidates must possess a positive and professional upbeat personality with a desire to deliver outstanding customer service to our Members and guests. They are responsible for ensuring we provide the highest level of Member retention and guest service as they are typically the first and lasting impression of the Club. Excellent telephone etiquette, a hospitable personality, attention to detail, multi-tasking skills and superior customer service are a must. The candidate also needs to be able to work well independently with little supervision as well as part of a team. Through a combination of passion for the job and the right communication with other departments, you have the ability to make our Members' and guests' experience more than memorable.
- Professional appearance and demeanor is mandatory – business attire is required.
- Requires ability to simultaneously work attentively and effectively in an innovative, fast-paced, changing and multi-tasked environment.
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong analytical and independent problem solving ability
- Proficient computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Must have accurate math, spelling and grammar skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to enhance the service standards throughout the operation.
- Knowledge of the hospitality industry specifically guest service experience within private clubs and hotels, with a strong knowledge of Milwaukee and surrounding areas.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to take written and verbal instructions.
- A team player yet able to work independently as a self-starter with ability to organize, plan ahead, manage workload and adjust accordingly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Every Member, guest or potential guest will be greeted and acknowledged within the culture of professional hospitality through exceptional customer service according to the University Club of Milwaukee standards
- Provides exceptional service to everyone, anticipating the needs and desires of our Members and guests and by listening to concerns and assisting in a friendly, efficient, courteous and professional manner.
- Performs all Front Desk related functions including but not limited to checking guests in/out, answering the switchboard in a timely and professional manner, maintaining guest records, cash handling, reconciling accounts, promoting and tracking sales related programs for employees, monthly billing, etc.
- Make reservations over the telephone, via email and in person and ensure all aspects of the overnight room, dining room and event reservation procedures are followed, including bookings, confirmations and cancellation policies.
- Light night audit responsibilities to include: Daily Paperwork and paydocs for overnight rooms
- Security of the building: 3rd shift is responsible for a nightly building check to ensure the safety of the club. Checking cameras and reporting any incidents necessary.
- Nightly garage checks in our attached, locked garage, logging any vehicles that are not supposed to be there and ticketing when necessary.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Direct Deposit
- Competitive Compensation
Please send application and resumes to email@example.com.